What’s the Big Deal With the Zero Gravity Position?
Gravity does a lot for us. Our world as we know it would be turned upside-down (quite literally) without it, and, as we learned from astronauts who had to go without for many months, it also plays a pretty big role in a comfortable night’s sleep. However, it has its drawbacks, too.
Gravity can take its toll on your body, causing muscular and joint pain from uncomfortable pressure; this can become exacerbated if your mattress presses on already tender pressure points throughout the night. That’s why our brilliant Reverie® engineers and designers created our Zero Gravity bed position—it has all the benefits of gravity (i.e., no blanket floating off of you in the middle of the night) with none of the potentially painful side effects.
Developed over several years, the Zero Gravity bed position for our adjustable beds closely simulates weightlessness. It’s somewhat similar to sleeping in a recliner, only much better. Not only do you avoid the attendant drawbacks to sleeping in your living room, but you’re also putting far less pressure on your body.
We worked hard to make our Zero Gravity bed position ideal for all sleeping preferences and sleeping issues, and to deliver both medical and lifestyle benefits. Regardless of your current sleep needs and how they change over time, you’ll always find new benefits of the Zero Gravity position to enjoy.
- Do more than just sleep.
- The gentle elevation of the head when in the Zero Gravity position makes it easy to comfortably watch TV, read a book, or work on your laptop or tablet while in bed. It’s also the perfect position for the occasional breakfast in bed!
- Get snoring relief.
- The head elevation also opens up airways, helping to alleviate the severity of snoring.
- Easily climb in and out.
- Exit your bed more efficiently and safely with the one-button adjustability. This is a great feature for the elderly, injured, or those with weak abdominal muscles.
- Improve heart health.
- Zero Gravity is a great way to take pressure off the heart, allowing for better blood flow throughout the body, while poor, unaligned sleeping positions can actually put additional pressure on the heart.
- Decrease lower back pain.
- One of our customers' favorite benefits of the Zero Gravity position is that it takes pressure off of the lower back, allowing for optimal blood flow to the brain and aiding in pain relief.
- Relax sore muscles.
- Depending on what muscles give you the most issues, you can raise or lower your bed to relieve pressure on your arms, legs, or back.
- Alleviate acid reflux/GERD.
- Tilting the upper torso upward helps reduce—or even prevent—acid or food present in the stomach from returning back to the esophagus.
- Reduce swelling and edema.
- Those with diabetes, high blood pressure, or excess weight can rest more comfortably by raising the legs to reduce swelling in the lower body and promote proper blood circulation.
- Improve breathing.
- Lying on a flat surface can make it more difficult to breathe, especially for those with sleep apnea or asthma. Raising the body helps open the airways, resulting in better breathing habits.
Now that you’ve read about all the benefits of the Zero Gravity position, I bet you’re asking: how can I experience it in my own bed? Well, if you're fortunate enough to own a Reverie power bed equipped with a Zero Gravity preset position*, it’s as easy as tapping the Zero Gravity button on your Reverie remote. Your adjustable bed will begin to move, slowly raising your head and knees to a micro-perfected height, and cradling your body in a mattress completely customized to your comfort. Our customers often say that they begin to feel sleepy within minutes of getting into the Zero Gravity position, and many tell us that it’s their favorite sleeping position.
If you'd like to learn more about purchasing a Reverie power bed, just talk to one of our experts at 888.888.5990.