2016 Science, Design and Engineering Scholarship
Thank you for your submissions!
The 2016 scholarship submissions page is now closed.
Congratulations to the 2016 Reverie Innovation Scholarship recipients!
Check back soon for results about the winners and information about our 2017 scholarship initiative.
With a driving motivation of showing the world how to sleep better, Reverie has been pioneering sleep science innovation since its conception in 2003. As a leading manufacturer of adjustable foundations and mattresses that provide customized sleep comfort, we are constantly developing new products that allow customers to sleep better because we believe that sleep is an essential part of well-being.
Design, engineering and science are all critical to our success in creating new, cutting-edge sleep products and technologies. As a part of our commitment to developing talent, we are proud to support future generations of cutting-edge creators/engineers/designers with the Reverie Innovation Scholarship.
Current undergraduate and graduate students attending an accredited university in the United States in the Fall of 2016, and are enrolled in a science, engineering and/or design program, are eligible to apply for this scholarship. Applicants will be judged on both their academic merits as well as the content and quality of the essay they provide.
Application deadline is November 15, 2016.
We will award:
One grand prize scholarship of $2,000
Two runner up scholarships of $1,000
In 1,000 words or fewer, please answer one and only one of the following questions:
- Design and technology work more closely together than ever before. In what ways do you think art and technology compliment each other in the creative process, and in what ways do they differ or create conflict?
- Explore the relationship between design and the natural environment. How do designers draw from nature to create beautiful and functional art in living spaces?
- Choose the invention that you think has had the most positive impact on our world and explain why you chose that invention and why it was so essential.
- Choose one quotation from an artist, engineer, inventor or entrepreneur that defines who you are and explain why that quotation describes you.
- Applicants must be a current undergraduate or graduate student enrolled in an engineering, science, or design program at an accredited college or university in the U.S.
- Applicants must have a minimum 3.0 GPA at the time of application.
- Applicants must submit a copy of their transcripts and an essay.
How to Apply
To apply for the Reverie Innovation Scholarship, please complete the essay and application form on this page. Winners will be notified by December 15, 2016.